Terms of Service
DMCDD is responsible for the administration of the Development Worker Program. This means that:
- DMCDD will cover all necessary travel costs and insurance in connection with the secondment.
- The requesting partner shall provide suitable housing with basic kitchen equipment (e.g. stove and fridge) and basic furniture for Development Workers. For Short-term Consultants appropriate accommodation shall be provided.
- All Development Workers recruited through DMCDD are expected to follow relevant preparation and orientation courses and, if needed, language courses.
- Development Workers have to prepare semi-annual reports to the member organisation in question and DMCDD on the work done and results achieved according to the established objectives for their position.
- Short-term Consultants have to prepare a report to the member organisation in question and DMCDD at the end of the service period.
- Development Workers may apply for some financial support for equipment, materials etc. essential to the performance of their job from the special funds administered by DMCDD for this purpose.
- DMCDD expects that Development Workers during the period of service and after their return to Denmark will be engaged in various activities to inform the Danish public on development issues. DMCDD may support such activities financially. A separate application form for information activities is available from DMCDD for the member organisations