The following procedures apply to recruitment of personnel through DMCDD:
- DMCDD will advertise all positions as Development Workers in daily newspapers and, if relevant, in professional or technical periodicals.
- When applying for a position as Development Worker the DMCDD application form has to be used.
- Selected applicants to Development Worker positions will be interviewed by DMCDD in collaboration with the member organisation in question and with the assistance of a psychologist.
- During the selection process the professional qualifications and practical experience of the candidates will be assessed as well as their ability to enter into the described jobs and context.
- Development Workers and Short-term Consultants to be seconded to a Southern partner must sign a Contract of Secondment with DMCDD and the member organisation in question.
- Subsequently selected candidates have to be approved by the relevant member organisation in question and its Southern partner and both parties must sign a “Joint Agreement” with DMCDD concerning conditions for the placement