Strengthening of local communities
DMCDD wishes to strengthen and expand various types of local mobilisations. Strengthening the local networks such as parents groups or local leader groups that gather through the network of the partner organisations could be a part of the local mobilisation. DMCDD will support the training of local leaders in women and youth oriented projects to enable them to analyse local needs and develop work plans and carry them through.
In many communities the congregations have established workshops especially for women and young people. The members of the workshops gather to share their belief and participate in training courses. These can be training courses in book keeping or workshops concerning income-generating activities. These small-scale activities are vital parts of the social bond that keeps local communities together.
A Partnership Support Program or a Partnership Activity with a long-term focus is prerequisites to carry out projects at a regional or national level. A clarification of means and ends in the partnership is necessary for a successful effort at a regional and national level.
The following activities may be considered part of such interventions:
- Training in leadership and management to improve the capacity of the partner organisations
- Increasing the quality of communication equipment/IT
- Planning and implementation of projects and reforms
- Advocacy activities at a local, regional and national level addressing the problems of vulnerable groups
- Gender surveys
- Surveys of the extend of women’s participation in local organisations and in regional and national activities
- Upgrading of the partner organisations’ methods for conducting local need analyses, gender analyses and more generally participatory methods and other field work tools.